If you are a food lover, you must have already known that grilling and smoking add different flavors to your food. While some enjoy grilled food in restaurants, few others buy grills and smokers to make amazing food whenever they need it.
However, choosing the best pellet/gas combo grills/smokers is not an easy task. Besides the taste, there are a lot of technicalities involved to bring out the real essence of the food. This article is a comprehensive guide you need to choose the right grills or smokers for your backyard kitchen.
Best pellet/gas combo grills/ smokers
Z-Grills is an all-in-one grill cum smoker combo you will need for home cooking. Z-Grills can be used for multiple purposes, including baking, char-grilling, roasting, braising and barbecuing. Although it may be a little difficult to perfectly sear in the beginning, you will get good at it with practice. Z-Grills is a perfect choice for any kind of occasion, including small and larger gatherings.
- Z-Grills has an easy start-up system to make the cooking process easier. You can start the grill with just a click of a button.
- The temperature is preset with around 10 degrees fluctuation. Hence, you don’t have to fear burning your food.
- Generally, wooden grills are harder to find. Even if you choose a wooden grill, it will be difficult to switch between different grills for different cooking purposes. But, the Z-grill pellet grill gives that wooden char feel to your food.
- Z-Grills comes with a minimum of 3-year warranty and a cover without any additional expenditure.
Cuisinart may not be your ideal choice for larger portions, but it is decent for a family of six people. Cuisinart is a pellet grill that is extremely user-friendly. It is the best choice within an affordable price range.
It offers great weather resistance too. It is convenient to use and move around because of its lightweight body and construction. If you enjoy both indoor and outdoor cooking, then Cuisinart is probably the best option for you within your price range.
- The assembling process of Cuisinart is easy, which makes it a good choice for beginners.
- It offers multiple options for you to cook your food like smoking, grilling, barbecuing, and roasting.
- It is fully weather resistant besides being convenient enough to move around. Hence, it requires less maintenance as compared to other kinds of grillers and smokers.
3. Campchef Smokepro
If you are looking for an in-built sear box along with a griller and smoker, Campchef is the best brand for all your grilling needs. Campchef is very versatile but very less expensive when compared to other models and brands. It has an automatic ignition system along with a grease management mechanism to make your cooking experience an easier one.
Campchef is probably the best grill cum smoker combo if you are looking for a decent grill with an ash management system and sear box. And it comes within your budget range. Hence, it is a win-win situation with Campchef.
- Campchef is impressive since it has LED temperature display systems to help you understand the temperature both inside and outside the grill. This helps you avoid undercooking or burning of your food.
- The area of Campchef is 570 sq. in. Therefore, you can easily manage cooking for a larger population too in rotations.
- It has automatic ash cleanout and grease management systems. Hence, it requires less maintenance and gives a smoother cooking experience.
- It also has an auto-ignition system for easier and simpler starting.
4. Royal Gourmet
Royal Gourmet is a killer choice for larger gatherings and to cook enormous portions of meat. With more than 800 sq. in surface area, Royal Gourmet allows you to cook a good amount in just one rotation. It spreads the heat evenly to make sure your food is evenly and smoothly cooked.
The grilling racks are porcelain coated. Hence, the cleaning process of this grilling rack is extremely easy and hassle-free. Also, there is a warming cum storing rack to store bread or meat or to keep everything handy.
- Royal Gourmet is an elegant combination of offset smokers. You can enjoy delicious food with a mix of grilled and smoky flavors in your food.
- It has a heat regulation system to control the temperature and avoid burning of your food.
- The entire construction of the grill looks like a wagon. Hence, you can move it around easily.
5. PK Grill
PK Grills is the most versatile grill cum smoker as compared to all the other models. PK Grill is portable. Hence, you can carry it over with you for camping and picnics. The main components can be easily detached and re-assembled. Therefore, it is a perfect fit for someone who loves to travel often. You can easily fit it in your vehicle.
- PK Grill is a grill and smoke system with over 4 vents for faster and right temperature cooking.
- It is portable. Hence, it is ideal for people who travel quite often.
- It is also easy to move within your home as it has smooth traveling wheels.
- The construction is made with aluminum. Hence, it is rust-resistant and durable for longer durations.
6. PIT BOSS
PIT BOSS is one of the best combo grills and smokers. If you are too obsessed with gas grills, PIT BOSS is the best alternative with almost the same experience. It is a multi-purpose grilling, smoking, and barbecuing machine.
The interface of PIT BOSS is pretty straightforward and easy to use. PIT BOSS is the best gas and wood pellet combo. It can accommodate enormously large portions of food cooking too as it has 1000 sq. in of surface area.
- The surface is coated with porcelain. It is rust-resistant and durable for longer times.
- It can be used with two kinds of fueling methods, including propane gas and pellets. Hence, you can choose to cook how you want to.
- The cooking temperature range can be adjusted anywhere between 180 to more than 500 Fahrenheit.
- There is also an additional side plate flame cooker for both direct and indirect cooking methods.
Oklahoma Joe’s char-broil is the best combination of a gas smoker, pellet, and grilling machine. It comes within an affordable price range despite offering numerous purposes within just a single construction. It is also a charcoal grilling machine. Hence, you can also experience a charred feel in your delicious food. It is almost impossible to get so many combinations in just one grilling machine.
The Oklahoma Joe’s char broil has 2 chambers divided to cook in separate sections. The surface area of the cooking section is more than 1000 sq. inches. Hence, you can cook enormous amounts of food and meat if you ever plan a larger gathering.
- There are very few grill machines that are both multi-functional and look fashionable and trendy at the same time. But, Oklahoma Joe’s is the perfect blend of trendy look and delicious cooking purpose.
- The surface area of cooking is extremely large as compared to any other grill machine.
- It has wheels to move over and change the position or from inside of your home to outside.
- It is portable too. Hence, you can carry it over with you for your outings.
It is essential to decide the budget that you are willing to spend on your grills and smokers. You cannot go with just any budget because there are innumerable options. Hence, with a set budget in mind, you can filter out at least half of the options available in the market that makes your selection process easier.
The size of your grill is entirely your choice, depending on your requirements. Your requirements may include the frequency of cooking, cooking portions, and the population that you will be hosting—all these matters when it comes to choosing the right-sized grill for all your needs. If you frequently cook for larger gatherings in enormous portions, you will have to go for a larger size. Otherwise, the reverse is the case.
If you are like anyone else, you will be quick to assume that construction doesn’t matter while choosing a grill. But, it surely does matter depending upon your requirements. If you want to place it in your backyard kitchen, you will need a weather-resistant one to reduce the maintenance cost. In case you are a frequent traveler, a portable grill would be a clever investment and a joy to take your own food with you on picnics. So, it is better to consider your requirements before settling on a final grill.
Most of the food lovers and amateur chefs probably consider themselves clever after bagging an affordable discount in terms of grills and smokers. But, no one actually considers maintenance as a potential activity.
It can cost you a lot if you are not wise enough to pick a grill that reduces your burden of maintenance. Easy assembling, removable drawers, porcelain coating are some features that can help you reduce the burden of maintenance.
The quality and look don’t matter if the grill can’t provide you longevity. You cannot go on buying new ones and buy a product with an uncertainty of its longevity. Hence, it is better to lay equal emphasis on the guarantee that the brand of the grilling machine is providing to escape or avoid any complexities in the future.
It provides you a guaranteed value for every penny that you spend. The minimum warranty period of grilling machines usually starts with 3 years and can go up to any number of years as per the conditions and terms of the brand that you have purchased the product from.
The combo grills and smokers are relatively new additions to the market. But, they are already being widely adopted for their efficient functionality that is equally worthy compared to other grills. Although there are numerous options, it is essential to consider and weigh the prime factors to choose the best pellet/gas combo grills/smokers.
If you are confused as to why you should go for combination grills and smokers, there are two main advantages of choosing them over others. They provide different and regulated temperature modes, and warm-up time is an added advantage. The above-mentioned grills and smokers are by far the best choices. If that doesn’t calm you down, our buyer’s guide has wonderful suggestions to help you.
1. Are gas grill and smoker combos still available in the market?
Gas grill and smoker combos are the most envied grilling machines in the market right now. They are the most in-demand grills. They are available and a perfect combination for perfect grilling and smoking to produce and cook delicious food.
2. Do pellet grills serve the purpose of smokers?
Absolutely. Although the taste differs since the method of cooking and temperature varies, pellet grills serve the best purpose as smokers.
However, it provides an extremely different and delicious taste when compared to traditional smoking machines. The wood pellets give a charred taste to your meat and food, which is difficult to replicate on traditional smoking machines.
3. Which pellets give more and good smoke?
Generally, hardwood pellets are considered the most efficient and good choice to produce more smoke. It provides longer burn time with consistent smoking. Other pellets can also be used according to your requirements. But, hardwood pellets last for a longer duration. So, you don’t have to clean and change the pellets every thirty minutes.
4. Does the gas grill have to be cleaned each and every time?
No. Some gas grills or conventional grills already have automatic ash cleaning and grease management systems. While some others don’t have such systems, it is not necessary to clean the grills each time you cook. However, cleaning the grills periodically is essential to keep them clean and increase the durability of the grilling machines.
Take a look at these picks from Amazon also: